Curriculum Vitae - ANDREW SABEL
Granada Province, Spain
With a wide range of technical skills & experience spanning mechanical, electrical/electronic/micro to IT systems, and broad IT systems knowledge with an analytical approach and great problem solving skills I can get problems solved! I’m hungry to learn new systems & technologies whilst working under pressure, delivering great solutions and achieving excellent results. With attention to micro detail whilst maintaining a managerial overview I’m always pushing hard to ensure success. An outstanding communicator at all levels, have proven delivery and instructional skills, am a team player with a drive to succeed with the team not just as an individual.
With many years experience in IT including system/network administration, built on solid technical knowledge of Windows & Linux desktop/server environments; administration, installation, deployment, backup/migration, virtualization & troubleshooting. 1st to 3rd tier technical support (on/off site, out of hours) team management with excellent customer support & relations skills. Experience as Field Network Service Engineer, with a solid foundation in core ISP network administration; hardware configuration & deployment, system/network monitoring, Cat 5/6 / 802.11xx / Cisco / VoIP and optical network deployments, fault finding, repair & resolution. Providing technical consultation directly with clients and project management/managerial experience. Continuing self directed learning of new systems, practices and technologies resulting in a broad range of skills and flexibility to switch rapidly from hands on to directional roles on demand.
- 1st to 3rd tier service desk support engineer
- Customer support agent (telephone/chat)
- Service Desk management: customer liaison, team management, rota scheduling, mentoring, Jira administration, ITIL principles
- Issue tracking, problem resolution and bug reporting; Jira, Zendesk, Mantis, Trac, Launchpad
- Excellent documentation and procedure writing ability, Confluence, MediaWiki
- Ability to deliver high quality training sessions and presentations
Infrastructure - Server & Network:
- Wired/wireless data network communication systems : Cat5/6 cabling/patching, Fibre-optic cabling, TCP/IP, managed switches, routers, DHCP, DNS, VPN, SMTP, SSH/PuTTY/mRemoteNG, Telnet, OSPF, Rsync, SCP
- Network hardware/systems: Cisco/Linksys, Netgear, Ubiquiti, Open-Mesh, TP-Link, Draytek, Voyage Linux, OpenWRT
- Rack mount server/hardware: Dell, Cisco, HP, RAID, NAS, UPS
- Adherence to standard backup and security practices
Operations - Systems/Services:
- Linux/Unix systems: Debian/RHEL & derivs, Solaris; administration, installation, configuration, testing, deployment
- Windows system administration: Win XP, W2K, Vista, 7, 10, Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- System/Network monitoring: Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, PRTG, LibreNMS, Munin, Smokeping, and Cli tools: IPTraf, tcpdump, Wireshark, dig, nslookup, ss, netcat, ntopNG, iftop, nload, mtr
- Log/system analytics: *grep, find, head/tail, SysMon
- Active Directory/LDAP administration
- Email MTA systems SMTP/IMAP/Sendmail/Postfix
- VoIP: PBX administration; Asterisk, FreePBX, ATA’s
- Virtualization systems: Virtualbox, VMWare/VSphere, Linux-VServer, QEMU, KVM
- Network storage systems: NAS/SAMBA/NFS/CIFS/DAVS/Synology/NextCloud
- LAMP/LEMP: MySQL, PHP, Apache, Nginx
- Iaas/SaaS: Google Cloud, AmazonAWS, Wordpress, Drupal, Github, OpenERP/ODOO, CiviCRM, CloudFlare, Trello, Slack..
- Deployment automation; Vagrant/Docker containers, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Git
- Software bugfix release management
- Command line and basic scripting/code hacking
- Desktop SOE design/testing/deployment/admin: LTSP (Linux Terminal Server)
EMPLOYMENT & EXPERIENCE
06.2022 - Current
IT Technician at TalentWorldGroup responsible for ongoing IT system administration, maintenance and support, supporting our Talents with technical issues, VM and firewall administration, providing training and support to our systems users, testing and QA on inhouse apps and services.
Customer support agent at Talent World Group delivering excellence in customer support for prestigious motor car brands clients.
Studying CCNA & CompTIA Linux+ also full time dad plus ongoing investigation of current IT technologies.
Happiness Engineer (trail) at Automattic.com: WordPress.com user support via live chat/ticket assisting users with product support, DNS, CSS, accounts, billing and general usage.
Full time dad, continual self learning of current IT technologies.
IT Service Desk Manager at Optima Gaming: B2B online and retail sports betting and gaming system & services provider: MarginMaker2/WARP Web/mobile website, liveodds streaming. Ensuring high quality support and assistance to global network of online & retail sports betting and gaming companies along with managing all in-house IT support requests.
IT Service Desk Engineer / IT Service Desk Engineer Team Lead at Optima Gaming.
System/Network Administration, Engineer & Support Technician at Bristol Wireless. Wide range of responsibilities ranging 1st line support and sales/consultancy to system/network admin/installation and project management and delivery. Member of management committee 2012-14.
Freelance tech support, domestic interior renovation, bicycle repair mechanic (based in Spain).
Info & communications officer, Intranet admin, IT support, project & team management, community consultation at Easton Community Association.
Freelance bicycle mechanic: Dr Bike (mobile) visiting schools and local businesses, bicycle maintenance instructor (Sustrans/LifeCycle).
Engineering apprenticeship: Field service/maintenance/repair/installation engineer (mechanical/electrical/electronic/micro) at OTIS Elevators.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
2000-01, 2012 - 2013
City of Bristol College: CLAIT, Web design, Spanish AS/Advanced.
“Profit from participation” – Consultant event & facilitation training.
Worcester University: BSc Environmental Science (2yr).
Paddington College, London: EITB & B-Tec engineering training: electronic, electrical, hydraulic & mechanical.
Linux/Open-Source software technologies ranging from Debian to Android, device hacking, repairs, upgrades.
Cycling and bicycle maintenance, technology, digital photography, food/cooking, DIY, camping/outdoor activities, travel.
Active member of online tech support forums: MEPIS Linux support forums moderator, Ubuntu support forum member since 2006, XDA-developers (Android): Android ROM alpha/beta tester and Android OTT box support forum contributor and many more.
Proficient in Spanish language
Clean current driving license
References available on request.